Nightglider Function: Intelligence Operative Group: Maximal
"Do not go gently into that good night."
| Stren. | Intel. | Speed | Endur. | Rank | Cour. | Firep. | Skill |
3.8 8.2 7.1 7.7 5.9 8.5 3.6 6.3
Nightglider is the most skillful Maximal spy. A creature of the night,
he operates best alone. Can virtually escape detection -- emits an
electromagnet cloaking field, is soundless in flight, disappears in
subdued light or shadow. Electro-disruptor can cast illusions, altering
his physical placement and appearance for up to 10 minutes. Devoted to
the Maximal cause; despises Predacons. Wields serrated energon sword.
- Color Scheme:
- As many of the later Tmet2 series toys, this one is a much better combination of varying colors. He's mostly orange with copper metalized parts, blue metalized accents, and some grey parts. I think he looks pretty striking, actually.
- Robot Mode:
- Probably one of the best "basic" sized Tmet2 robot modes. He's well proportioned, well articulated, and the wings aren't too large or heavy (although they are immobile). His "spark crystal" is on his robot chest, and his squirrel tail folds up against his back.
- Beast Mode:
- Here's the problem with this toy. He's *supposed* to be a flying squirrel. Unfortunately, he's more like a regular squirrel with wings. Most people know that the flying squirrel's "wings" are actually just skin that stretches between his front and hind legs. On this toy, the wings aren't attached to ANY of his legs. In fact, his beast fore-legs are attached TO the WINGS! ugh. For all my complaining, though, he does look pretty cool in beast mode. They should have billed him as a Tmet2 Fuzor of a Squirrel and a bird, or bat or something. ;-)
- Simple, yet effective. The robot body is mostly under the wings, and simply folds down and around, while the squirrel body folds at the neck. His robot head folds up, and his arms fold down, fold his tail up against the back, and voila! One of the coolest things, his sword, comes out from his tail, which sheaths his sword! :)
- Only his sword, and how it stores in his tail like a sheath, which is pretty dang cool, most will agree.
- As above: he's NOT a flying squirrel, his sword is super cool, but his wings are immobile. Overall, a great toy.