Airazor Function: Aerial Recon Group: Maximal
| Stren. | Intel. | Speed | Endur. | Rank | Cour. | Firep. | Skill |
5 7 9 5 6 7 4 7
An aerial reconnaissance expert, Airazor's optical matrix scanners
can detect Predacon ground movement from 30,000 feet. Internal
radar transmitters then relay data to fellow Maximals, complete
with 3-D virtual reality maps detailing enemy location.
Cyber-blades hidden within wings open for attack mode. And although
photon cannon concealed beneath her tail is her weapon of choice in
robot mode, she prefers attacking Predacons with her armor-slashing,
- Color Scheme:
- Pretty simple. The yellow and goldish brown are complimentary colors, so there's no clashing. Some lighter colored streaks on the wings and tail help bring out the appearance of feathers. Nothing to write home about, though, as far as coloration goes.
- Beast Mode:
- Not a bad falcon, all in all. The wings fold at about midpoint, helping to reduce the wingspan when not "in flight". The legs are actually in a bird-like position, which is also nice.
- Robot Mode:
- Pretty good too, except for the one drawback (below). The falcon head rests nicely against the robot chest, and the arms and legs are reasonably proportioned. The falcon wings do fold back, making it easier to stand her next to other toys...
- No biggie. Pull down the beast head to reveal the robot head (while turning the beast head into the robot chest), pull the beast legs and hips down to become the robot hips and legs. Folding the wings back is optional. Her "gun" comes from under her tail.
- In beast mode, a section on top of each wing folds over and points forward. There are a couple "handles" near the base of her tail that you pull, making her wings "pinch" into each other. The extensions on top of her wings then "grab" the victim. Not a *bad* gimmick, but... why?
- Overall, it really is a nice toy. But, it's wings are a little unwieldy. In beast mode, they don't really "go" anywhere, as in out of the way, and in robot mode, they're either way out to the sides, or way off in the back, making her fall over backwards. I wish the hinges had more range of motion, allowing the wings to fold mostly against her back or something.