Well, you've all heard of the Geek code, the Goth code, the Cat code,
etc, etc, etc. Well, it's time for the Transformers Code! Yes, now we too
can include strings of gibberish at the bottom of our sigs to confound
TF Code V 1.2
This is the first revision of the list. I will collect all suggested
additions, alterations, etc, and try to maintain a coherent 'official'
list, assuming there is any interest. I have included suggestions from
other a.t.t. readers, sometimes slightly modified by me. All credit is
given where known. Addendum: Any reference to individual posters in this
document is done in a spirit of fun. No offense is intended, and if anyone
feels they are being unjustly satirized, I will remove them.
In the spirit of the Geek Code, I've added the following variables to provide more flexibility to the individual categories:
- @: For this variable, the given trait may change with time or in a given situation.
- (): This indicates a range. For example, G+(++) ranges from G+ to
G++, mostly G+. This is different from @ in that () denotes a range
with limits while @ ranges across the board.
- >: This indicates a wannabe rating. FW+>$ indicates
someone who's written some fanfic and wants to get paid for it someday
(good luck). Let's try to keep this one at least somewhat realistic (no
putting >$ after every category, please).
- $: This particular category is done for a living. A rarity for certain.
- ?: Indicates no knowledge of the category.
- !: Placed before the category indicator, this indicates a stubborn
refusal to participate in the category in question. For example, !BW
indicates a refusal to have an opinion on Beast Wars.
General Love of TF's (G)
Place a "*" in front of the code to indicate you have done
something special for TF fandom, such as written the Purity Test, maintaining
the FAQ, or the Toy List, or...er...written the TF Code. :) Anyone who
ran a Botcon, give yourself TWO stars!
- G--:I like the Gobots better
- G-:Transformers? Huh?
- G:Transformers, yeah, I remember them
- G+:Transformers were cool when I was younger
- G++:Transformers are cool now
- G+++:I have done most of the things on the 'You Know You Are Too Into
Transformers When...' list.
- G++++:I am getting my brain implanted in a Cybertronian body as soon
- FR-:Don't read it
- FR:Read some of it
- FR+:Read everything by certain authors
- FR++:Read everything with fanfic in the title
- FW--:Writing not Zathras' skill.
- FW-:Wrote something, never finished
- FW:Finished some, never posted.
- FW+:Finished and posted some
- FW++:Finished and posted LOTS.
- FW++*:Posted lots of unfinished stuff.
- M-:I cut my thumbs with exacto knives
- M:I've made minor modifications to some TFs
- M+:I've used parts of one TF to fix another
- M++:I've kitbashed original TFs
- M+++:I've rebuilt my favorite TFs to look like they do in the cartoon,
and still transform.
Follow the code with a number to indicate the number of models you've
made, as in M++(3).
- D-:They're in the garage.
- D:I keep them all in a big box.
- D+I have some of my favorites on display
- D++:I've set most of them up in scenic poses
- D+++:Every vertical surface is covered. My (apartment/home) looks like
- AD+++:Reserved for Raksha
- AD++:Decepticons Rule! Death to all Autobots!
- AD+:The Decepticons cause is just, but their methods are flawed.
- ADA:Both sides have good and bad points.
- AA+:The Autobots are the 'good guys', but there's a few redeemable
- AA++:The Autobots are clearly in the right.
- AA+++:I'd be happy if the show was called 'The Autobot Show' and just
featured uplifting moral messages. Violence makes me sad.
- N-:I don't have a newsreader.
- N:I lurk occasionally
- N+:I lurk passionately
- N++:I post sometimes
- N+++:I post often
- N++++:I post replies to every other post, even the trolls and spam.
Web Page (W)
- W--:I don't have a web browser.
- W-:I have Lynx.
- W:I've seen some TF web pages
- W+:I regularly check all the TF web pages
- W++:I maintain a TF Web Page
- B--:Reserved for Interbot
- B-:Beest Warz suk!
- B:They're not the "real" Transformers.
- B+:I might buy one or two.
- B++:I buy the cool ones.
- B+++:I haunted the toy store waiting for T-Rex Megs.
- B++++:There were other Transformers?
- OQ++:The Quintesson Origin is the only one which makes sense. Gods
of law and chaos? This isn't Elric!
- OQ+:The Quintesson origin gives meaning to the A/D conflict.
- OQ:The Quint origin is a cute parody of the "real" origin of the TF's
-- they ARE toys!
- OQP:Comics are comics, TV is TV. Different realities. Deal.
- OP:The Primus origin is less demeaning to the characters, but the whole
"God" thing is a bit silly.
- OP+:The Primus origin is grand mythology -- the whole Quint idea is
- OP++:The Transformers are children of a God, not stupid appliances,
Suggested by Skyjammer. The "#" is the year of the Con.
- BC#--: BotCon? Like I'm going to spend my hard earned money on travel
expenses just for a bunch of toys!
- BC#-: I could have been/be there but I was too lazy to send in my registration/get
tickets, or I didn't find out until it was too late.
- BC#: I want/wanted to be there, but I just can't. (Distance/cost/can't
get vacation time)
- BC#+-: I was/I'll be there, but I lied to my boss/spouse/friends about
where/why I'm going.
- BC#+: I was/I'll be there!
- BC#++: I was/I'll be there, I told everyone exactly why I was going.
- BC#+++: I was/I'll be there and I had to skip regular vacation/sell
the house to get there!
- BC#++++: I organized the thing!
Suggested by Douglas Hayden
The code is MU+Mush Code (see above)+Modifier, or MU if you have no
MUSHing experience on any MUSH. Use a # before the MU to indicate a defunct MUSH.
- MUTF1--: Occasionally guest there
- MUTF1-: Have a char, RP'd occasionally
- MUTF1+: RP'd a lot
- MUTF1++: There's life outside of a MUSH?
Replace "TF1" with the appropriate code. Use multiple entries for multiple
MUSH's. Place a "*" in front of the mush to indicate admin/wizard privileges.
Thus, someone who is an admin on TF2 and spends most of his life there
would be *MUTF2++.
Other Merchandise (OM)
- OM--:I own only actual brand-name Transformers!
- OM-:I own only transforming robots, but some knockoffs.
- OM:Mostly robots, but I've got the occasional T-Shirt or decoy.
- OM+:I have a smattering of non-robot merchandise.
- OM++:I eat on Transformer plates, sleep on Transformer sheets, and
have all the coloring books.
- OM+++:I even have the Underoos! (Did they make TF Underoos?)
Purity Test (P)
- Pyour score on the Purity Test!
- I+++:I spend a day or two studying the instructions before even removing
the Transformer from the package.
- I++:I follow the instructions every time I transform the toy.
- I+:I use the instructions the first 2 or 3 times.
- I:The first time, I follow the instructions.
- I-:I only use instructions for the really hard ones.
- I--:I transformed Six-Shot without using instructions.
- I---:I transformed Tripredicus without using instructions.
- I----:I can do Tripredicus in one hand and Magnaboss in the other,
blindfolded. I am one with the Transform.
- I*:With sufficient Excessive Force, ANYTHING can be transformed.
Thus, yours truly would be: *G+++ FR+ FW++* M- #100 D+ AD+ N++ W B++
OQ++ BC94 BC95 BC96+++ MU- OM P340. More categories/suggestions still welcome!
Maintained by H. Jameel al Khafiz
Back to Jameel's home page.
This page protected by the First Amendment, damn it.
H. Jameel al Khafiz, [email protected]