HandyShopper - Desktop Editors
We know you want to... Go ahead, edit those HandyShopper lists on your desktop! The HandyShopper archive you download from PalmGear contains not only the HandyShopper program for your Palm Powered device, but also a command line conversion tool to convert HandyShopper PDB files from PDB to CSV/TXT files and back again. The Readme includes notes on how to use this conversion tool. What? That's not easy and user friendly enough? Well, ok, then. Here's a set of links to all the desktop editing apps available, separated into the ones that are actively updated, and the ones that aren't. These are not officially sponsored or endorsed by Chris Antos, so any support for them should be taken up by their respective support forums.
Actively updated editors
- HsPcEditor: Standalone application for Windows
- Download from HS group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/handyshopper/files/Applications/
- Support available via the HandyShopper group.
- HS2Edit for Excel: Requires Microsoft Excel '97 or higher, on Mac or Windows
- PalmGear Product Details Page: http://www.palmgear.com?xyz=40456
- Yahoo! Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hs2edit/
- RatShopper: Requires Windows 95 or higher
- Developer Site: http://www.blackrat.biz/html/rat_shopper.html
- Yahoo! Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ratshopper/
- Desktop Shopper: Has not been updated for some major changes in HandyShopper. PalmGear Product Details Page, Developer Site
- HandyEditor: Developer was unable to continue development for personal reasons. All downloads pulled from internet. The author cannot support it's use, but some creative Google searching will get it for you if you're really curious.
- HS2-Utils: a companion Palm application for HandyShopper users
- PalmGear Product Details Page: http://www.palmgear.com?xyz=48740
- Yahoo! Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hs2utils/
- Excel HandyShopper Import: Excel 97 spreadsheet that converts your data into a format that HandyShopper can import (including notes). http://groups.yahoo.com/group/handyshopper/files/Utilities/